Strengthening your home’s exterior is the first step in prioritizing your family’s safety. A strong foundation, sturdy roof, well-supported doors, and shatter-proof windows are all part of this effective exterior, especially in areas experiencing severe weather. Because they are made of glass, windows are the most breakable of these home structures. By installing impact windows, however, you can keep your home’s exterior solid.
If a window remains intact inside its frame while experiencing 200-mile per hour winds, it can be classified as impact resistant. By installing this feature to your home, you are adding effective protection while also retaining an aesthetic and adding other key features. Much like impact doors, hurricane windows have multiple benefits.
- Storm Protection: As the name suggests, these windows are designed to handle the impact of wind and flying debris during hurricanes and other severe weather events. Installing these durable products adds optimal protection without the hassle of setting up storm shutters.
- Energy Efficiency: The durable frame and double pane design of hurricane windows makes them highly energy efficient. Tight installation prevents drafts and air leakage, keeping your utility bills low.
- Home Security: With strong, layered glass, hurricane windows are difficult for burglars to break. Even the most crafty thief would have a hard time shattering this material.
- Noise Reduction: If you live in a densely populated area, these tightly sealed windows will decrease noise pollution inside of your house — yet another reason why these windows will keep your family sleeping soundly.
- UV Protection: The glass on impact windows and doors filters out 99% of the sun’s UV rays. This will keep wall art, fabrics, leather furniture, lampshades, photographs, and other interior materials from drying out or fading.
- Little Maintenance: Once your windows are installed, you won’t have to do anything else to protect your windows from hurricanes. If you were previously rushing outside to block windows when a storm was in the forecast, you can now rest assured that your safety measure is already in place.
When a hurricane is predicted to hit your area, quickly setting up storm shutters or window barriers can be a hassle. It is also completely reliant on timing, posing an unnecessary risk. Keep your home protected at all times by taking your windows to this next level. Call FB Doors today.